Case Studies & Portfolio of Recent Work
Vacation Rental Company
Provide the following services in addition to ongoing website maintenance and support:
- Guesty API Integration — Integrated the existing VillaStay website with Guesty's API in order to import vacation rental listings. (Guesty is a full-featured, end-to-end solution provider for short-term rentals).
- Update and Import Listings — Built custom software to easily and quickly import and update listings.
- Availability-based Search Feature — Developed a search feature to show listings that match the dates when customers are wanting to book a stay.
- Digital Marketing — Develop and run online advertising campaigns.
- Landing Page Design — Build landing pages to support digital marketing campaigns.
Stone-ground Gristmill Products
In addition to providing ongoing support and website maintenance, I did the following:
- Mobile-responsive Website - Built a website that displays well on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Online Store - As part of the Gristmill website, we built an online, e-Commerce store that integrates with Amazon, allowing customers to view products and product information and then make purchases through Amazon.
- Recipes - Added a customized display of recipes that use gristmill products. In addition to ingredients lists and cooking instructions, the recipes link directly to the related products that the Gristmill offers.
- Ongoing Content Strategy - We provide the client with actional advice and information to help him write the content needed for his website, including product descriptions, "About page" and other informational pages.
- Ongoing Technical Strategy - A the needs and offerings of the Gristmill change, we provide ongoing technical strategy and consulting to support them.
A Central Texas POULTRY FARM
In addition to providing ongoing support to Claborn Farms and maintenance of the website, I have provided the following services:
- mobile-responsive website and integrated eCommerce Store - built a mobile responsive website to provide customers with information about the company, their products and services and built an eCommerce store so the company could sell its products (live poultry) online.
- on-site events - added an online form where customers can sign up for on-site events, such as farm tours and workshops.
- Shipping Cost Calculations - developed an extension to the customer's eCommerce store to automatically calculate shipping and handling costs based on complex, client-supplied packaging rules.
- Inventory - made it simpler and faster to edit product inventory
- Automated Reports - saved the client hours each month by automatically generating reports that the client is required to file due to governmental regulations on the shipping of live poultry.
- Increased Sales - doubled the client's online sales within a 12-month period by making improvements to the website and website content.
Beekeeping Supplies and Classes
Oakley Family Apiaries
I've provided the following services:
- e-Commerce Store - Built an e-Commerce store to sell bees and beekeeping products and to provide a way for students to register for classes and monthly mentoring workshops
- Ongoing Consulting - provide the client with actionable advice and information to help him write content and articles for his website, along with other types of business planning and support.
- Ongoing Website Maintenance and Support
Classes and workshops for sustainable living
THE PLOUGHSHARE INSTITUTE
I worked with a small team to provide the following solutions:
- Register Online for Classes - developed an e-Commerce store which allows students to register online for classes throughout the year
- Class Administration - provided a way to add new classes and manage student enrollments
- Student Communications - provided a way to send a series of personalized emails to students that are specific to any particular class so that students know what to bring and how to prepare for classes
- Ongoing Website Maintenance and Support
Breeding and Raising Chickens
Farmstead Chickens is a website I developed to provide information to people who want to learn to raise chickens more sustainably.
I've written and published a number of articles on it, based largely on poultry classes and seminars that I teach or help teach throughout the year.
Despite it being a fairly small and new website, it averages hundreds of visitors per month from people in the U.S. and around the world.